Sciatica Relief from Our Allied Physical Medicine Team in Lancaster, CA
Pain can interfere with performing common daily tasks for sciatica sufferers. Our Team Wellness staff uses holistic solutions to achieve relief for patients at our Allied Physical Medicine practice in Lancaster, CA.
Many people mistakenly believe that sciatica represents a distinct diagnosis. In fact, it is a symptom of a medical disorder that develops when the sciatic nerve undergoes compression or becomes irritated. It is the largest nerve in the body. Pain most frequently occurs due to these causes:
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lumbar herniated disc
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Isthmic spondylolisthesis
- Piriformis syndrome
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction
Other possible culprits include scar tissue, ankylosing spondylitis, fractures, infections, muscle strains, pregnancy, and tumors of the spine. The most common symptoms our patients report include:
- Continual pain typically on just one side of a leg or buttock
- Prickling, numbness, or weakness running down a leg
- Lower-back pain
- Leg pain so severe that it becomes hard to walk or stand
- Pain that strikes the toes
- Worsening pain when standing or seated
- Weakness or numbness trying to move a leg or foot
- Pain starting in a buttock or lower back and running all the way to the foot
- Lower-back pain less severe than leg pain
The first step toward sciatica relief is a comprehensive assessment from our staff. Once we have diagnosed the cause of sciatic pain, each patient receives a customized treatment plan.
Our chiropractor uses natural therapies that avoid surgery or medication to treat sciatic pain. Spinal adjustments and manual manipulation improve spinal alignment and address a number of underlying disorders responsible for pain. Treatment might also include physical exercises and lifestyle changes. Some patients respond positively to massage therapy.
Schedule a Consultation at Allied Physical Medicine in Lancaster, CA
Our chiropractor, Dr. Eric Shaver, and our Team Wellness staff are skilled at relieving musculoskeletal pain caused by injury, trauma, or disease. Be sure to call our Allied Physical Medicine practice in Lancaster today at 661-945-4441 to schedule an appointment. How has sciatic pain affected your life?